Re: David Morgan handle measurement

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTA010-0185.splitrock.net on July 11, 2000 at 17:51:21:

In Reply to: Re: David Morgan handle measurement posted by Apsilon on July 11, 2000 at 04:22:03:

: Thanks for the info. That must be a part of why it looks so short. Bullwhips aren't all that common here (compared to stock whips) so I've never seen one outside of photos. I'm thinknig about having a go at making one. The raw materials will cost under AU$100. I've noticed that all of the bullwhips sold here seem to have long handles compared to ones sold in the US. Of course that could just be an illusion due to the lack of reference for scale.

: Matt.

Matt, the David Morgan bullwhip handle is 7 ½ inches from top of the decorative knot to bottom of the turkshead knot. American bullwhips are known for their short handles, They perform a bit differently than the stock whip as well. The longer handle bullwhips commonly called Australian bullwhips are more of a hybrid whip between the two. Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]