wow, this almost sounds too good to be true.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris (a new guy) from AC83B90B.ipt.aol.com on July 12, 2000 at 02:15:14:

In Reply to: Re: some questions about the Akubra Campdraft posted by Patterson on July 10, 2000 at 10:58:51:

: I actually have a Camp Draft in-hand, as I'm doing the (Indy-modifications) for a friend. The color is pretty good. The felt is good, though it doesn't seem to be as stiff as my Drover or Bushman. This one is lined, though I believe whether its lined depends on where you buy it. This one came from Hats Direct. The brim runs about 2 7/8, therefore you can get "the look" without cutting the brim by simply flattening out the front and giving it a slight downward roll, and rolling up the sides slightly. It bashes very nicely and seems to hold its shape well - though again not quite as well as my Drover or Bushman. You will want to replace the ribbon - it comes with a 1 inch ribbon with a fairly pathetic bow.

: Good luck with the hat - the Akubra's a very nicely made.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

well, if the color is good and the hat can be shaped to the look straight out of the box without any cutting or trimming, then i think ill have to place an order. i would still like to see some more pictures though. we should start posting them here until indygear can be updated. thanks for the help patterson and co.

chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]