Re: Indy 4 ideas and contemplations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Oddfeld from spider-wl062.proxy.aol.com on July 12, 2000 at 06:17:53:

In Reply to: Re: Indy 4 ideas and contemplations posted by Lavardac on July 12, 2000 at 04:49:38:

:
: : I've only seen 1 or 2 episodes of Young Indy, did they ever mention how he lost the eye?

: I don't think so, but it looks as if he'd been cut with a saber or knife - he has a huge scar running down his face.

The fact that they cut the 'Old Indy' scenes out of the rereleases of YIJC might indicate that the character may be killed off.

Also I think it should take place in the early 50s, and Indy should be battling against Russians. Sean Connery should not be in it, because the character would be in his 80s, and connery would not be believable playing somebody this age.

The only returning character should be Sallah, but all the ingredients of the originals should be kept the same, or rather I should say 'the original', because in TOD you had Short Round, and in TLC you had a brain dead, senile Marcus Brody. It's bizarre how he went from being an on-the-ball equal to Jones to a simpering, stereotypical Hollywood Englishman in two years, but that's Speilberg and Lucas for you.

My only hope is that they avoid a Jar Jar Binks comedy relief character that supposedly the kids like, although I think most of them find annoying.

They'll probably save that for Indy 5.

-Oddfeld

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: