Height of crown?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on July 12, 2000 at 13:53:07:

In Reply to: Re: Need HELP from those HJ-experienced! posted by 29yr.old Indy on July 10, 2000 at 22:15:32:

What is the height of the crown in front when creased? It's one of the most crucial elements of the fedora, I believe.
Others' photos show that the sides are parallel, but how's the crown taper from front to back? Did your hat come with the brim specs others have been asking Peters Bros. for?
Thanks
Gregg

: : To Herbert Johnson customers,
: : I would like to place my order this week ASAP (before I lose the nerve). Please review my order request below and tell me if I'm missing anything. Also, 1) Do I need to be specific with the brim size (2 3/4 front & back - 2 1/2 sides)? or 2) When I give my size will they adjust the proportions, thereby explaining the differences we've heard from various forum members?
: : The order:
: : Indy-version--"Poet"/Raiders style [5.5 crown when creased,no taper,parallel sides, Raiders pinch; 39mm Petersham ribbon, bow tacked evenly (parallel); gold-stamped initials inside; ]
: : And I should ask to include sizing pads with the order.

: : Suggestions?
: : Thanks
: : Usual Forum "Gregg"

: : All I did was, gave them my size(58), told them that I wanted the INDY hat w/ RAIDERS pinch, and the 39mm ribbon. I actually forgot to ask for the gold-stamped initials inside and felt sizing pads. I am satisfied with what I got, it looks very much like the hat worn in the films and fits great. I'm getting another one soon!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]