Re: Indy's brim...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chahe Nabro from spider-we023.proxy.aol.com on July 13, 2000 at 01:18:14:

In Reply to: Indy's brim... posted by Austin Powers on July 13, 2000 at 00:41:58:

: The ABSOLUTE closest brim to the Indy brim that I own is on and old and cheap JC Penney fedora I had as a kid. The brim is shaped more like an outback hat than a conventional fedora.

: So I don't know what my message means, just thought I'd bring up some observations I made.

: Austin....Danger Powers

Greetings Mr. Powers...Welcome to my underground lair...where I have the same observations as you! I have come to the coclusion that the distinct look on the brim is due to Mr. Fords head shape. All my fedora`s brims immediately take that "look" when my father puts them on as his head in a bit more narrow than mine. If you watch the "Making of Raiders.." video you`ll see Mr. Ford and his stunt double both standing next to each other wearing the same hat and the stunt doubles brim looks miss-shappen where as Harrisons has that snap on it. I began experimenting and sure enough...everyone I know with narrow heads developed that snap brim on the same hat where as all us wide heads ended up with some diagnal slant/flop across the forehead brim shape.......my hypothesis only!!!!Nice observations on your behalf- Chahe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]