The G8 is interesting...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.94 on July 13, 2000 at 14:14:16:

In Reply to: Re: Agreed... posted by Tim (London) on July 13, 2000 at 05:31:46:

: : : : Through your many discussions with Peter about the jacket, did he give you the history of the design? All I know is that the end product was a variation on a Peter original. Was the Raider design meant to be a US or British aviator jacket? I'd be thrilled to hear more. Also, I've read that early US A2s were lambskin then altered for some reason. Thanks.
: : : : Gregg

: : : Yes he has, but it's far to long a story to relate here. Hopefully an update on the IndyGear FAQ will answer those questions in the not to distant future. Regards. Michaelson

: : Agreed Michaelson - it does get drawn-out a bit. Lots of little things compounded up into the final design concept that we've all argued the finer point of.

: : FYI - I beleive you mean goatskin, not lambskin for the A2's. Actually, they were originally horsehide, I believe. They gravitated to goatskin over time.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: I think that some of the predecessors of the A-2, the A-1 funnily enough, were lambskin. You don't see many of those about anymore. If you check out US Authentic's site they sell what they call a G-8. They suggest that this is the original that the jacket was based on. Stick on A-2 press studs and storm flap and there you have it. Never seen an original G-8 though. Any input Kenal0...?

But also no Bi-Swing pleat. Very cool jacket though.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: