You raise some excellent points, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on July 13, 2000 at 17:41:02:

In Reply to: Please explain somebody! Please! posted by mlgm on July 13, 2000 at 13:48:14:

...I think to the average viewer, adventures with Indy as a young man where he meets Lawrence of Arabia one week, Thomas Edison the next, Charles DeGaulle another time, encounters Lenin in Russia, etc. etc. can bear the mark of one too many contrivances for the viewers who were accustomed to the Indy trilogy. If you take the Indy trilogy as it is right now, Indy didn't run into anybody famous with the exception of Adolf Hitler and that was only for a minute or so. In the YIJC's it seems he meets an average of 3 or 4 famous dudes per episode. That could be interpreted as overkill. Don't get me wrong, I love the Young Indy's, but I suppose that could be the reason people can find it unbelievable.

Oh, one other thing. Young Indy is close friends with Lawrence of Arabia right? Lawrence died in 1935. Shouldn't Indy have acknowledged his death in Temple of Doom if they were such close friends? Just a thought.

As for people being able to accept Indy finding the Ark and the Grail. That can seem much more believable to the audience because Indy is seen as a sort of larger-then-life archeologist who always gets involved finding some of the most sought-after relics.

Just my 2 pesos dudes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]