Re: The HJ is the way to go-but it's not perfect, either!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust199.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on July 13, 2000 at 19:37:09:

In Reply to: The HJ is the way to go! posted by Indiana Valdez on July 13, 2000 at 12:07:02:

: A lot of people don't want to splurge for such an expensive hat, but the Herbert Johnson is THE way to go. Trust me! All I had to do was call one morning, ask for an Indy hat, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I just asked the guy to give me the look like in the movies and that was that. It came with the right ribbon, the right crown, everything! And one nice surprise was that I actually forgot to ask for the Raiders pinch, but they used it anyway.

: Happy hat hunting,
: Indy V

I am disappointed in my Herbert Johnson hat, and I really wanted it to be perfect. It was a little bit snug, but IndyGear had warned me to get a hat stretcher from David Morgan (about $20 and well worth it.) I wanted to order a larger size with the foam pads, but I forgot (that was my fault). The Radiers pinch was off-center and that really irritated me--no excuse for this! I steamed it and reshaped it, but it still shows some crease from the crappy jhob they did. For that kind of money it should have been done right. I had the brim cut to the right dimensions, but this looked as if it had been done with a pair of sheep sheers. There were distinct sharp corners at the start and finish of the sides of the brim. And lastly, the ribbon was crookedly sewn on with the bow. If they weren't so far away, I would have sent it back.

I'm sorry, but I really expected a more superior product from HJ. I'm trying the Peters Bros. hat next.

Later, Cueball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]