That's not at all true...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-98.usae.bah.com on July 13, 2000 at 21:35:15:

In Reply to: Re: Please explain somebody! Please! posted by Satipo on July 13, 2000 at 17:50:38:

: I don't think that the problem is just to do with the large number of famous people he has met. It is more to do with the fact that he seems to meet almost as many famous people as he does those who aren't famous. Also, it is very cheesy when he not only meets all of these famous people, but through his encounter with them, he usually ends up becoming the reason or influence that steers them towards the major events or actions that they become historically famous for.

That's simply not true. In almost every case, Indy meets up with an historical figure either before they became famous (and does NOT turn out to be the influence for steering them towards their infamy like in the case of Patton, Hemingway and Norman Rockwell) or he meets up with then at the point in time where they are already well into whatever it was that made them famous (like Pancho Villa, Picasso, Sidney Bechet, Schwietzer, etc). The largest percentage fall into the latter category. I'm trying to think of some historical figures that he had a direct influence on steering them towards what made them famous and the only one off the top of my head that I can think if is Vlad the Impaler (who he didn't influence, but he killed!). I'm sure there are a some, but they are so few that they don't jump readily to mind.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]