Re: a few more lashes for Lucas

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on July 14, 2000 at 00:40:19:

In Reply to: a few more lashes for Lucas posted by German Mechanic on July 14, 2000 at 00:31:23:

: Before i start don't reply complaining about spelling, i'm terrible at it. Some more evidence of Lucas' anti-indy attitude. Look at the new Jaws 25th anniversary eddition, that Spielburg put out. The new videos include interviews, cut scens, mess-up film, and explains how they did stuff. He's doing the same thing with Jurasic Park. So why isn't he make one for the Indy movies? I'll tell you why. Because Lucas won't grant the necessary permission because of the rights and copyright he holds. Why won't he grant the rights? Because God forbid that a better movie might stand in the way of his precious Star Wars. If Indy was compeeting with Star Wars, Indy would blow it out of the water. I think that Lucas has poured so much money into Star Wars that he's afraid to introduce competition, because he's afraid that he'll loose all that he's invested, because he knows that these new Star Wars episodes will never be american classics, and he's trying to ride the wave of media support so he can suck as much money out of it as he can.

Say what you will about Star Wars and Lucas...but the man definitely knows where his bread is buttered. There's a reason why it's called the Skywalker ranch. Lucasfilm, ILM,.... and most likely Indy.... wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Star Wars. (neither would any of the Star Trek movies, for that matter. What are they on? #10 now? talk about sucking as much money as you can out of something...)

Regards,
Brian K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: