Young Indy series, scotchguard, and rats, I mean hats...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-22.col.cableone.net on July 14, 2000 at 02:37:42:

Been away on vacation and noticed I missed a few posts that I would normally have responded to. First of all, I caught a brief segment of one of the Young Indy movies a couple of days ago, and was shocked to discover that he was in India associating with a rather obscure figure who was non other than Jiddhu Krishnamurti, along with Annie Besant. This just blew my mind. Anyone else here surprised at this? I now wonder if Mr. Lucas is a follower of this enlightened indivdual, and if not, how in the world did he (Krishnamurti) rate to get a mention in the Young Indy series? I was facinated that Krishnmurti let Indy in on what he would do years later in dissolving the Order of the Star, and proclaiming that he was not a spiritual leader.
On the Scotchguard, I am a firm believer in using this product, and feel that it will extend the life of any felt hat. That it is being discontinued should not present a problem for the folks that use it as I do. The reason I say this is because I am currently using a product that is very similiar to it, but comes from my local western hatter and is specially made for felt hats. All of my hats get the treatment periodically.
I would also like to report that my Petersbros fedora is well broken in now, and I am still impressed with this hat. I have had numerous compliments concerning it, and several folks have commented that it is an Indiana Jones hat. I had the brim cut down by Joe Peters to the 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 size, and I am in the process of being totally convinced that this is the size brim as seen on the Raiders fedora, instead of the 2 3/4 by 2 1/2. This is a huge change in my thinking. Hope all of this makes sense, as I just got back home, and have a bit of white line fever. Now I need a vacation to get over my vacation! Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]