Glad I could help

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 14, 2000 at 12:16:19:

In Reply to: Thank you Michaelson posted by Phil on July 14, 2000 at 12:01:49:

: I just read your post below about Young Indy and Franz Kafka. Thank you for explaining yesterday's episode. I've never read Kafka and the whole Prague part made no sense to me. I'm a big Young Indy fan, but I was so disappointed. I'm very relieved to learn that the wierdness was thematic and not just stupid. I'll have to look up Kafka now.

Yep, until he introduced himself, I was as clueless as the next one. Then when Kafka and Indy parted, then Kafka made the statement, "What a trial!", I KNEW what Lucas was up to, that being the "Trial" was one of Kafka's biggest books, and required reading at college level comp. lit. courses. (It was one I was required to read way back when. Didn't like it one bit, by the way, but the YIJC absolutely captured his thought process perfectly) That's the really neat thing about the series, it does indeed make you go and do more research on your own to find out what the heck a particular program is all about. For that, Mr. Lucas, I thank you! You done good! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]