Re: Answer and another Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 28, 1998 at 07:21:08:

In Reply to: Answer and another Question posted by The Northlander on July 24, 1998 at 16:35:47:

: : I must have missed something, and anymore that doesn't surprise me, but where has it been written or implied Indy DIDN'T serve in the military in some fashion during WWII? I have no recollection of information regarding his stories except prior to 1940, except recent fan fiction currently being written. Please enlighten me, someone. thanks and Regards. Michaelson

: I don't know that any source specifically says Indy didn't serve. Even if a book or something said so, I'd tend to not accept it as official canon unless it was in a movie, but that's just me. :)

: And an update on the teachers in war thing - if any of you saw Saving Private Ryan you'll notice that one of the soldier characters was a teacher, so I guess my earlier theory doesn't hold up (assuming the movie was accurate, which I believe it was.)

: -Northy-

No, Northy, you were correct,the exemption did exist for instucters, but it was up to the individual to exercise that exemption. If he wanted to go, he could still volunteer and exempt himself from the exemption. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]