Hmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.94 on July 17, 2000 at 11:28:03:

In Reply to: Re: More evidence to back up my "Wested Goof-up" claim... posted by Kenneth. on July 15, 2000 at 18:15:02:

: Now this is just a thought but If the jacket is beaten and distressed enough I believe that it may appear as it is sown on the outside as the impression can be seen through the leather.Im probably making no sense at all but my wested is in pretty bad shape and I know that even from a slight distance it may appear that the side straps are sown on the outside.I may be visiting noel howard at the end of the month and if I do I will make sure t check his original jacket thoroughly.Just my two cents,regards,ken.

:
: : A while back I posted a message regarding a picture that I found where the side straps on Indy's jacket were sewn onto the outside of the back flap, rather than on the underside like the Wested jackets we all buy. Now everybody dismissed this as a mistake by the wardrobe people sewing a torn out strap back on wrong or Wested employees themselves sewing a few wrong. I didn't buy this theory, seems too fishy. For this scenario to work there would've had to been a second seamstress on the Grassy Knoll. So tonight I was watchin' the Last Crusade and I did slow-mo a couple times when the back of Indy's jacket was visible("I told you..'bang-bang-bang'..Don't call me Junior" and during the motorcycle chase). And sure enough the straps ARE sewn on the OUTSIDE of the flap. They're like this throughout the whole movie which makes a sewing mistake very unlikely. So somewhere along the line ol' Mr. Peter's EXACT replicas became not so exact. I never did trust the English.

: : Austin....Danger Powers
: : "No, I'm English." D'oh!

In Raiders, I've noted the inconsistency - i.e. in some scenes they're on the outside and in some they're on the inside. I’m thinking that on the LC jacket you may be seeing the added distressing that occurs where the strap is sewn under the seam. My LC Wested is beginning to look like this as well. I'll check it out tonight - a good excuse to throw LC into the VCR. My poor wife!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: