The Venice "Library"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Raphael from ppp-207-214-212-248.sntc01.pacbell.net on July 17, 2000 at 13:11:58:

Hello everyone. If you recall, I posted some time ago looking for information regarding the Venetian church used as an exterior location in "Last Crusade." Well, your help (especially that of "mlif") paid off. When I traveled overseas last month, I did manage to locate the church (Chiesa di San Barnaba). I took photos, I took digital video (the fruit vendor must have thought I was out of my mind walking back and forth across the footbridge so many times) and even had a look inside the church. I have to say, when I saw the film I assumed that the church was much larger (chalk that one up to the good use of a wide-angle lens). I also went to Campo di Salute (where they filmed Indy and Marcus' arrival in Venice), but never did figure out the location where Indy and Elsa began their boat chase. Guess I'll have to go back some other time. But thanks again for all your assistance!

On a side note, I was in Florence when a film was being shot (didn't actually see production, but there were lights, rigs, and plenty of trucks in Piazza della Signoria). When I got back to the states, a quick look through the trade papers revealed that the only film in production in Florence at the time was "Hannibal," the upcoming sequel to "The Silence of the Lambs."

R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]