Re: Thickness of skin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-tk063.proxy.aol.com on July 19, 2000 at 21:03:33:

In Reply to: Thickness of skin... posted by Patterson on July 18, 2000 at 17:32:27:

: : : I'm glad to hear you keep Peter abreast of newfound details and possible improvements. It's great that he has such a devoted group of quality control jacket enthusiasts. Allows him to fine-tune his allegedly great product. At least in my opinion; he may regard it as a curse. Having said that, don't hold your breath. He owes me some long overdue answers re: goods for paid services. If he's busy enough to put off orders then I'm afraid he'll be too busy to consider feedback. You've been focusing on the LC design right, but you have to admit that there are some clear discrepancies with the Raider model? Maybe the strap width and its placement (inside seam, higher or lower) also affects the bulging out of the underarm pleats I've read about. Thoughts? Your observation re: the waferthin lambskin is also very interesting. Disheartening, but interesting. A probable outcome of "fan" orders has been the shift from functionality to appearance. The hopeful anticipation for my jacket has been turning into dread and regret. My long-awaited jacket is going to be nothing but a leather windbreaker.

:
: :
: : I am certain that you won't ever regret getting this jacket. I received mine earlier this year, and while the lambskin on the movie model may have been a little thicker, I have no complaints concerning mine. In fact, after reading some posts regarding the thickness of the current lambskin, I was a bit concerned prior to receiving mine. I was surprised to discover that the skin on mine was as thick as my goatskin A-2. I am 100 per cent pleased with the quality of the skin, as well as the craftmanship. This jacket is well worth waiting for, no matter how long it takes. I wish i could see your face when you first open the package up! I hope you enjoy the smell of fresh lambskin. Regards, Steve

: I have ben equally as pleased with my lambskin raiders. I do understand, however, that the original skins used were particularly heavy.

: Regards,

: Patterson

: "I love the smell of lambskin in the morning! It smells like victory......SHOOT! WRONG MOVIE AGAIN!!! Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]