I only consider what a critic says, as most times it's worthless...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James Erler from spider-tl062.proxy.aol.com on July 20, 2000 at 13:21:51:

In Reply to: The newspaper bashed Temple of Doom! posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on July 19, 2000 at 19:30:24:

Most of the time, a critic is full of bullcrap...and I think that people put too much value in what they say. They are the biggest advocates of "peer" pressure in the world...one crtic bashes TPM and then another critic reads and it keeps it in mind while watching it and end up saying "Hey, they were right!" and then they write their own bad review. And it just keeps spreading and spreading....granted it wasn't like God himself made the film, but it was an ok movie.
Then there are people who hear that a character like Jar Jar sucks. Once again he isn't the most interesting character in the world....but Lucas has a MINOR character spot that needs to be filled and he makes it appealing to younger audiences and everyone raises hell because of it....Jesus H. Christ, the character plays a very minor role, but because of that minor role, the movie critic eats it up and spits it out.
Now they throw ToD into the fray....the biggest problem with ToD is that it is TOO dark. From start to finish, it makes you depresseed....but that's what they wanted to happen, and there is never a boring moment in the film. It's not my favorite Indy film, but it's not THAT bad....
For the most part this man seems to be an excellent asshole. I would love to have him as a next-door neighbor.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]