Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by james floyd from mudbug-HM2-b1.cajun.net on July 29, 1998 at 10:10:30:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by cari gastwirth on July 22, 1998 at 19:49:56:

Look child. Titanic was an unrealistic film that was nothing but fluff. Leonardo Dicaprio can do various roles rather well, but not worthy of an oscar. He doubt very seriously he could portray a soldier very well. No one wants to see the movie just because of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, in my opinion better actors then Leonardo DiCaprio.
As for your grandfather, I was in Vietnam in the final three years and my father was a medic in World War 2. This film is as realistic as it gets. Your family obviously told you that in hopes you would not see the film, and if you did see the film you would not understand the real meaning behind it. In which you will not understand until you or your loved one has gone to war.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]