Agreed

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 21, 2000 at 13:30:36:

In Reply to: I'm hoping for something else... posted by graml on July 21, 2000 at 07:34:42:

No one would believe that after 11 years the Ford characterization would work as just aging a few years since LC. Even Ford said it was a stretch to play the character in T of D as being a year younger when the actual actor had aged 4 years. As to the "who", I really would like to see it depart from the usual global fighting of the political bad guy, such as the Communists or such, and look toward another form of adversary, like they did with the Thugs in T of D. Those type of conflicts are ageless, and you wouldn't have to worry so much about being "period" correct. We've all found all sorts of glitches in the Raiders and LC movies, such as the flyover the Golden Gate bridge a year before it was actually built. Fewer snafus in T of D, simply because most of us just don't know that much about that particular piece of history to know what was right or wrong with out doing some extensive research (which I did at the time. Lucas must have a fantastic research team. Most of the stuff was spot on.) I'd like to see something with Indy involved in the American west. Maybe tie up loose ends from the beginning of "Mystery of the Blues" that began with the pickup truck chase that Ford was involved with. Regards. Michaelson

: I don't think Speilberg would touch the Nazis now, after doing Schindler's List and Private Ryan. He's presented them in a much more realistic light lately, and I think it would be too hard for him to go back to the Saturday matinee-style Nazis that abound in Indy. I'm hoping for the Chinese Communists, myself. That'd be a great way for Hollywood to stick it to the last surviving Reds, while presenting a decent villain for Indy to thwart. That's just my two cents...
: -graml

:
: : Heres a question that I have been wondering for along time since Indy 4 was announced.

: : Will Dr. Jones fight his old enemys, Hitler and the Nazi's or are they going to do something post World War 2.

: : My vote is to have him fight Nazi's but if they are going to do something else have it be the Soviet Union.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]