Excellent point, Kenneth! Totally forgot about that, and I'm a Holmes fan too! Regards. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 21, 2000 at 14:01:43:

In Reply to: Not just Holywood,the same thing happened with sherlock holmes 110 years ago,brought him back from the dead(nm) posted by Kenneth. on July 21, 2000 at 13:42:45:

: : : I think the way to end this series WOULD be to have old Indy pass on to the happy hunting grounds at the end of the movie. That'd provide closure, and would also prevent any un-warrented Indy sequels made after Harrison Ford and company are too old to produce another. While I'd rather see Indy die with his boots on (so to speak), I guess there's something to be said for dying an old man surrounded by your loved ones. Ah jeez, I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it...
: : : -graml

: : : : Don't you think it would be good to have in the film Old indiana Jones ling on his death bed or something like that and decides to tell his family surrounding him some kind of story that happened to him. Something he encountered when he was a young lad round about World War One (Sean Patrick Flannery would Star here) and then encountered much later after World War Two (Harrison Ford would Star here). Once old Indy tells his family about his adventure he pretty much dies, but before he dies he sits up and places his fedora on his grandson's head, who is about 12 years old, lies back and falls to sleep. Fading out with the music that played when River Pheonix had the fedora placed on his head in the Last Crusade. Just sit back shut your eyes and Imagine the final scene...

: : ...with our luck, and Hollywood's love of money, they'd bring Indy back in a sequel after the death scene and say the entire previous program was a "dream sequence". (grins) You can't kill a good money making franchaise, ya know. Look at how many times they killed Frankenstein. (yep, I know, bad comparison, but I'm making this up as I go along. (grins)) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]