Re: Shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on July 29, 1998 at 15:33:23:

In Reply to: Re: Shirt posted by Major Paul on July 29, 1998 at 02:52:13:

: : Does anybody know if Andre Dometakis takes orders from regular people or does he work for movie hire only?

: : Matt

: : Matt,
: People have inquired about this from time to time. It's not a pleasant tale to tell. Dometakis did take a few orders a while back but his turnaround time was not weeks but months for the custom-made shirts. Finally, a few people got fed up and canceled their orders. I don't think he really wants to get involved with the "I'll make Indy props" crowd. Definitely not as fan-friendly as Wested Leather Company. -MP

I'd advise you to give up on Dometakis and get a shirt made by a local tailor or seamstress. The news about Dometakis is disappointing, but not very surprising. After all he works for the entertainment industry and they pay a hell of a lot better than a few dozen Indy fans. Plus he works alone so he's hardly equiped to handle so many outside orders. Greg seems to have had good luck with his new shirt, maybe you should e-mail him for details on materials, costs, design, etc.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]