Re: Indy hat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-150.col.cableone.net on July 21, 2000 at 18:01:13:

In Reply to: Indy hat posted by Kent Allard on July 20, 2000 at 17:03:16:

: I was reading through some pages in www.petersbros.com and I saw something about stiffener can be applied, or something like that, well I have one of my great grandfathers old fedoras tucked away because over time and people not taking care of it had beaten it and nearly destryoed it, if it hadn't been for me salvaging it, it may have been destroyed comptely, while I'm going to send that hat to the petersbros.com to have it fixed, I was wondering if I can buy the stiffener myself and use it on some other hats of mine, and where and how would I use it.

:
: Thanks for any help,
: ~~~K. Allard

I get my hat stiffener from my local western hatter. He is generous enough to keep me supplied. He customizes western hats and uses it quite often, even with the expensive beaver hats. The hats that Peters bros. makes for us indy fans all have a healthy dose of stiffener. Personally I like the stuff, because after it drys you can steam the hat and shape it, and it almost set in stone. My GW fedora was a really soft felt, and I used this stuff on it, mainly to extend the shape of the hat, as over time all felt hats tend to lose their shape from the elements. If you decide to use the stuff, don't spray it on the outside of the hat. Take out the liner and treat the inside. On the brim, use it as sparingly as possible, and then only on the under side of the brim. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]