Re: Yes, the buckles are square

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dirk Pitt from spider-tm062.proxy.aol.com on July 22, 2000 at 01:45:04:

In Reply to: Check your mail patterson.(nm) posted by Kenneth. on July 21, 2000 at 18:59:55:

I visited Noel's office about a year ago and was surprised to find that the buckles on his Raiders jacket were indeed square buckles, not d-rings. (As I mentioned a year ago.)

-- Dirk

: : : Interesting observation but funnily enough I have heard this before.
: : : I remember someone saying once that some of the raiders jackets had square buckles and not d-rings.Indiana john asked me if this was the case on the original jacket at MBA,unfortunatly I could not remember as at the time that I tried it on I did not own a wested so I had nothing to compare too.John might know who this person was but Im sure that I is nearly a year or more since this was pointed out.Also since you brought up the straps on the outside debate I have begun to study things carefully and yes,definently in the bar scene(and obviosly in the plane fight scene) the straps are attached on the outside.As nice a man as he may seem to be Peter often dismisses criticisms and enquiries such as this.I recall questioning him on specifics of the jacket such as the leather collar and the lining and he could not give me straight answers.Everyone is aware of his contradictory comments regarding the lining.Also I seem to remember a story(and im not sure if it came from him that the new pattern in TOD was due to the originals having being lost.If they were lost then how can the repros be made from the original patterns?Did they mysteriously reappear?Hmmm... I wonder.Dont get me wrong,its a great jacket I love it and its the closest possible at the moment but I still have my doubts regarding its complete authenticity.If im in London next month(as Im hoping to be) I will be sure to thoroughly inspect the original at MBA and perhaps clear up some of the fuss.For now all we can do is study the pictures and the films themselves.Keep me posted on any more findings! Best regards, Kenneth.

: : :
: : : : Check out the enhanced screen shot. Maybe a bit too small to be seen here, but the rings on the sides of this jacket are rectangular not d-rings (you can make out the straight edges very clearly on the larger pic I have that keeps blowing-up Microsoft Outlook). Also note the tabs are attached on the outside of the rear panel, not under the seam, and the straps are attached a good 2 inches higher then on my Wested Raiders. I also found what appear to be gussets under the arms, but I’m having trouble getting a reasonable sized *.jpg file that really shows it well. More to come...

: : : : No response from Peter on my LC observations – still working on the laundry list for the Raiders jacket.

: : : : Food for thought.

: : : : Regards,

: : : : Patterson

: : Speaking of the bar scene, I have another enhanced shot from the bar fight. It's not quite as clear as the flying wing scene - you be the judge.

: : Yes, I do love my Westeds. I have been a fairly vocal supported/defender of Peter in the past, but at this point I'm just not buying the story any more. I'm sure some will take issue with this. I'm also sure some will say "it's about time". Oh, well...

: : Regards,

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: