Well, I LIVE & WORK in "tinseltown", and this is hardly "news"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from spider-tj053.proxy.aol.com on July 22, 2000 at 02:31:51:

In Reply to: I'm back from tinseltown and I bring Indy 4 news! posted by Canadiana Jones on July 21, 2000 at 18:54:30:

I hate to sound rather arrogant and rude here, but as a frequent contributor to Indyfan.com, an avid movie fan, and as someone who works professionally within Hollywood, with a job specifically to track the progress of movies being made, I find your "news" here hardly that.

Oh - I'm not debating that you've visited the place. And it's very likely you saw a studio or two. Maybe even talked to a producer, an assistant -- anyone along the grapevine. But that you're trying to pass off this seemingly highly "hush hush" information is, in my opinion, highly dubious or genuine merit.

All the facts you've presented here are either common knowledge or easily dedeuced from comments long made public by the various creative minds and players behind the Indy films.

: It is moving ahead quickly since Ford turned down Jack Ryan.

This has already been publicly acknowledged, particularly through daily progress in the trades.

: Night is indeed the writer of the script.
: The film takes place in the year 1959 and does not feature Germans

Again, all of these are pretty basic. Though M. Night Shamalayan's involvement has been made public for at least six months, the official word was only recently acknowledged by the likes of Ford, Spielberg, etc... It is known that both the late Jeffrey Boam and Jeb Stuart had been involved with previous version(s) of the Indy IV storyline, and it is likely that Shamalayan will be rewriting or reworking a variant of Boam's work. (The initial draft by Boam I read nearly three years ago was set, if my memory serves, in 1957.)

: Connery WILL be returning as Indy's Dad.
: Lucas is the only REAL obstacle

Again, these two tidbits have already publicly made their way through Ford's interviews about the subject, and one can dedeuce, if not claim that they are indeed facts, their likelihood.

: (Couldn't get any more info, when I tried, suspicion was aroused and my source clammed up.)

Well, if your "source" is indeed factual, he/she certainly has a pair of very loose lips. I deal with directors, producers, post production executives, editors, even studio "runners" on a daily basis with some very high profile feature films, and if any of us were caught spilling the beans in the fasion as your "source" has to you, we'd deservedly be fired on the spot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]