Your chance to buy the Holy Grail from "Last Crusade!!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cereal Killer from KSCYA010-0995.splitrock.net on July 22, 2000 at 05:19:41:

In next weeks "People" magazine- dated July 31, 2000- there is a blurb on page 24 called "Click and get it."

It tells about an online auction at www.planethollywood.com going on from July 27 to Aug. 3. They're selling, among other items, the Holy Grail prop from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

If you've got some extra bucks (quite a lot of them, I'm guessing) you could own an actual piece of Indy history.

Think how cool you'd be. You actually got a piece of treasure that the infamous Dr. Jones couldn't keep ahold of. Technically, I think that'd make you a better archeologist than Indy. After all, nobody has anything but his word to go on that he's actually found stuff like the Ark and the Grail. Picture Indy sitting in a bar, half-lit, going on about how the Army stole the Ark from him (yeah right) and how he nearly had the Holy Grail. Then you come strolling in with the Grail. You settle at the bar and pour a couple of fingers of scotch into the Grail and wait to see Indy's reaction.

Anyway, even though I doubt any of us has a chance in hell of winning this auction, it's something we should check out and maybe even bid on.

Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]