I agree...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from cust-156-40.as01.bois.eli.net on July 23, 2000 at 15:32:27:

In Reply to: Re: Browning Hi-Power posted by Cueball on July 21, 2000 at 21:13:47:

I agree they are good guns, but still prefer a good 1911 to the Hi-Power. Like a Kimber or something that you KNOW is well made. Plus I prefer the larger .45 to the tiny 9mm. But if you do get a Hi-Power, get it in the .40 S&W like the one you shot, not the 9mm like everyone assumes Indy's blank gun was in Raiders.

--the Fiddler

: My sentiments exactly. The Hi-Power is one of the many true masterpieces designed by the genius John Moses Browning. It's the very close cousin to the Colt 1911 .45 auto, but then everybody knows that from reading IndyGear. You, sir, have a fine taste in shooting irons. They're disappearing from local gun shops, but they can still be found--they're just more expensive than before.

: Cueball

: : I also had occassion to burn a few rounds through one of these fine pistols for the first time today and decided I got to have me one! Probably one of the most accurate box stock pistol I have ever shot (although it was a 40 S&W, not a 9MM).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]