Re: About the Wested Jackets...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-tl022.proxy.aol.com on July 24, 2000 at 18:58:24:

In Reply to: About the Wested Jackets... posted by Mark on July 22, 2000 at 05:45:49:

: This is in response to the several posts I've seen about jacket nitpicks and rants on Peter-

: You guys have to realize that clothing patterns are usually just a general guideline that's followed when making a piece of clothing that's custom fit, there's a lot of things involved that are basically left up to the seamstress. The placement of the straps was probably one of these things. My mom was a seamstress making tour jackets for rock bands several years ago and I can clearly remember her having to make her own judgements on several things like the width of the ribbing, placement of the pockets, etc., depending on the size of jacket that was made- different alterations had to be made. Since they were making these jackets for Ford himself, they probably made a few jackets for him to try on, and then made adjustments from there(straps should be higher, etc., so the original design was probably altered during the process and those changes were more than likely just written on a piece of note paper and never applied to the original pattern. The unused jackets that came out of this process were probably the ones set aside for stunts.

: I think by constantly bugging Peter about these things will only annoy him more than help anything, he's basically doing everyone a favor by offering these jackets at a good price. He could always just pump out general sizes in quantity(like the Disney ones)make just as much money, and be done with it. Instead, he's being a great guy and making them individually custom to fit- what more could you ask for? If you're looking for an exact replica down to the precise shape size and width of the zipper or whatever, you'll never find one- just be happy that he's even making them and quit trying to take the man and his offering for granted.

: Mark

: Hey,if nobody really cares if the jackets are correct or not, we could have the attitude of the mgr. at the Beverly Hills Hard Rock Cafe' a few years ago. They had a TOD jacket on display and replaced it with a Banana Republic A-2 when the real one went back to Lucasfilm. I questioned him about this, and was told 'NOBODY KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE". I guess he was right! You know, I think Wilson's House of Leather Has Indy jackets on their constant "50%off" sale. It has knit cuffs and waistband, but who cares, it's cheap, huh? Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]