Re: I'm gonna get the Indiana Miller. Any last moments of advise?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-4.col.cableone.net on July 27, 2000 at 10:36:52:

In Reply to: Re: I'm gonna get the Indiana Miller. Any last moments of advise? posted by Lavardac on July 27, 2000 at 01:43:16:

: Steaming works fine, that's how I did it. I then proceeded to iron the brim with a steam iron and cut the sides. Actually, I've cut the brim on all my hats (three of them) and it greatly improved their looks. However, there is a slightly easier method to cut the brim - use a pattern!
: One more thing, though. I know the Miller meets all the specs, but these specs work out great for HF or anyone with a similar head/face size. The proportions are crucial. I wear size 7 and to tell you the truth, when I put the hat on, it seems to be bigger than my face, which makes me look more like a cowboy than the next Indy:). I think I'll be ordering a custom fedora from Peters Bros as soon as I work out all the measurements suitable for me.
: Still, one has to buy their share of hats to work out all those details in order to obtain the one, true... well, you know.

One thing you will discover about the Peters Bros Indy fedora is that the crown is more compact when compared with most every other fedora. All of my other hats seem to be too large across the front of the crown, and this makes the hat seem out of proportion with my face. I know this sounds insane because all of these hats are the same size,i.e. 7 1/4. So apparently it is all in the shape of the block.
I own a couple of the Millers and each one had the same type of brim as mentioned. A dimensional cut really helps these hats out. Since the brims are not the same measurement all the way around as received, you will have to play with it to get it right, although a little variance isn't that noticable. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]