Indiana Jones survival guide & Indy 4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-139.ispmodems.net on July 27, 2000 at 16:02:02:

Hi, found this info in the book section at the force.net, they have a link from their main page. Sounds cool, here it is:

The Indiana Jones Survival Guide
Thu, Jul 27, 00 11:53:13 AM EDT

Vader2000 sent this in:

Hey, I was listening to the morning show on a local radio station and they were talking to this guy named Robert Pelton(sp?) about a book of his called "World's Most Dangerous Places." He apparently travels around the world finding how dangerous places are in terms of deaths, disease, or wars going on and updates it yearly. Below is a transcript of the piece relating to Indy:

93X: "So, you're kinda like Indian Jones?"
RP: "No, Indiana Jones is fictional."

93X: "And you're the real thing!"

RP: "Yep."

93X: "So do you wear a brown fedora and leather jacket?"

RP: "No, I just wear normal people clothes. But speaking of Indy, I just wrote a book for George Lucas called 'The Indiana Jones Survival Guide' which is supposed to come out with the new movie."

93X: "Oh, cool!"

This may really not mean much since the book could be written and then shelved until it was time to start printing it in conjuction with the release of the film. I don't really understand how the whole process of writing a book to finally getting it published goes, or even how long it takes. But it was a cool bit of news nonetheless. Later.

We'll continue to look into this and try and get more info!

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]