Received my Peters Bros. hat today...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust239.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on July 27, 2000 at 19:14:32:

I received my Peters Bros. Indy hat today, and I must say it's impressive. It certainly holds up well compared to the Herbert Johnson I bought last spring. The price of the Peters Bros. hat ($175 compared to $300 for the HJ )is a huge difference. The brim on the Peters Bros. is very stiff and I don't know why yet, but it is very well shaped; the HJ brim is somewhat lifeless with a sloppy dimensional cut--on the HJ there are actually slight CORNERS at the start and finish of the cuts! The ribbon on the Peters Bros. is sewed nicely at the bow, but the HJ bow is sewn crookedly on the ribbon and even is sewn directly to the felt in one area! This is inexcuseable on such a pricey hat. And the "pinch" on the front of the crown of the HJ came noticeably off-center. The Peters Bros. was at least straight. All in all, I'd say the Peters Bros is not only a good substitute for an Indy hat but a better product and a much better value. I even got some sense of amusement from the HJ shop on the phone about an order from another one of "them". Joe Peters, Jr. was very polite, professional and helpful.

Just my experience. Make yourselves happy.

Cueball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]