Re: Missing Several Young Indiana Jones Videos

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Williams from proxy-1333.public.svc.webtv.net on July 28, 2000 at 22:23:42:

In Reply to: Re: Missing Several Young Indiana Jones Videos posted by sas c|:) on July 28, 2000 at 15:02:39:

: There have really been Making Of's to Temple of Doom and Last Crusade? I have never heard of them. Did you tape them or have they been sold?

: sas c|:)

Around 1989 or 1990, Paramount Home Video released a 50-minute video called "Great Adventurers and Their Quests: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" that documented real-life adventure buffs as well as looking into the making of "Last Crusade". To my knowledge there's never been a straight documentary on the making of the film.

As for the "Temple of Doom" specials, one was an hour-long show called "Heroes and Sidekicks: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" hosted by William Shatner that aired in the summer of 1984 and showcased different film and television duos as well as some behind-the-scenes footage. "The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" aired in the fall of 1984 on PBS and was a straight 50-minute documentary on the making of the movie.

To this date neither "Temple of Doom" documentary has ever been released on video to my knowledge, but I got really lucky and taped them. Even after all these years the quality is still pretty good, despite one tracking line toward the bottom of the screen that I couldn't get rid of.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]