Re: Would Indiana Jones Make for a Good CCG?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndyAntilles from spider-te024.proxy.aol.com on July 29, 2000 at 11:11:43:

In Reply to: Would Indiana Jones Make for a Good CCG? posted by Bill Williams on July 28, 2000 at 22:38:26:

I think it would be easier to just make an Indiana Jones expansion for the Tomb Raider CCG. I think more than a few people would like to see Indy and Lara battle it out for some ancient artifact. Although I love Decipher (the Star Wars game started me into CCGs), I think they'd make the game too complex (ever try teaching a newbie the Star Wars CCG?), and that would turn off Indy fans new to the CCG hobby. Unfortunately, I don't think Indy is a big enough property for anyone to try a make a CCG... at least until another movie comes along, that is.

: With the trend of popular collectible card games (CCGs) in the market, I've been thinking... the Indiana Jones saga would make for a great CCG set. There's one based on Lara Craft that is fairly popular right now, so why not one for Indy?

: Decipher Inc., who currently does the highly popular Star Wars, Star Trek, and Young Jedi CCGs, would be a wonderful choice to do an Indiana Jones CCG. Here's how I would see it done...

: They could do an introductory set based on "Raiders" along with starter decks for Indy and friends and for the Nazis and bad guys. Then they could do full expansions based on the three films, then follow it up with expansions based on the Young Indiana Jones adventures, as well as specialty products based on the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, etc. And there would be different personas of Indy (for a starter deck), Indiana Jones, Professor Jones, and Henry Jones, Jr. featured in each of the three film-based expansions. And the objective would be clear cut: Indy races the Nazis, Thuggees, Chinese mafia, etc. to acquire rare artifacts before the bad guys do. It could be done in a style similar to the Star Wars or Star Trek CCGs.

: And they could also do a separate Young Indy CCG set a la Young Jedi with simple mechanics that could take either little Indy or the teen Indy on different adventures.

: With the popularity of the Star Wars license over the last five years, and with Decipher's track record of success and opportunities to expand with original material based on the film series and other Lucasfilm tie-ins, I think it would be great timing on their part to pursue an Indiana Jones CCG.

: What do you fans think? What other game mechanics would you include in such a CCG? Would you want to see an Indy CCG? Feel free to post and share your ideas. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]