Re: Indy's Revolver Found?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from custodian.prusec.com on July 29, 2000 at 16:28:39:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Revolver Found? posted by Cueball on July 29, 2000 at 14:53:35:

: How much do they want for it? And where exactly is this gun shop?

: Yes, it is VERY close to Indy's gun from Raiders. But the movie gun fired .45ACP (auto pistol ammunition that required the half-moon clips) instead of .455, which was slightly larger revolver ammunition. But since I never saw half-moon clips in the movie, I think it's possible he might have had a .455 or even a .44 special. Indy's also had the barrel cut down to 4". I have Noel Howard's Raiders holster and it wouldn't accommodate a revolver with a longer barrel.

: : I recently stopped by a local gun shop and saw a revolver listed as:

: : S&W .455 HE Mk2 M2

: : and it looks exactly like this one from the IndyGear site

Actually, I understand there were two Smith and Wesson HE2s used in Raiders- one was .455 with the gold inlaid grips and the other .45 ACP, and they used them interchangeably in the film, so that gun you found would be a correct Indy Revolver- just have a spare cut down barrel put on it (don't ruin the orginal!). For technical questions may I suggest you contact Michaelson or Dr. Brody at Indygear...

Cheers!
Abner

: : http://www.indygear.com/gear/images/SW1917.jpg

: : Is this one of the revolvers used in the film before they shortened the barrel to 4in? Also, How deep are the holsters offered by Noel and Lee?

: : Help please~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]