Re: Filming Locations in Tunisia?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-48-245.ispmodems.net on July 30, 2000 at 01:36:06:

In Reply to: Filming Locations in Tunisia? posted by Brandon Alinger on July 30, 2000 at 00:06:22:

: I'm planning a trip to Tunisia next summer, mostly to check out the star wars filming locations. I'd like to hit some of the Indy locations at the same time. Can anyone give me any info on this? Are there any websites that talk about them? Does anyonoe know anyone whos visited them? Any magazines/books that might have any info? Looking for a push in the right direction...thanks,

: Brandon

David West Reynolds, who wrote a piece for the Star Wars insider on the SW filming locations, said that during the same trip he found the location of the Tanis digs, map room, etc. In the article he says that they saved the coordinates on a gps tracker, so he would know. I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to get his e-mail through the company that publishes the magazine (I'm not sure who puts it out).

Also, Gus Lopez, who runs the toysrgus.com site, has been to Tunisia. He went during or just after the filming of Episode 1 (and had bits of set dressing and discarded props for sale on ebay a while ago). So he's another one to contact.

I seem to remember one of the two mentioning that there are a lot of locals there who act as "guides" to the different locations. Maybe it would be easier to ask the travel agent first? I got the impression that the sites were visited fairly frequently, I think it was Gus Lopez who complained that the bones of the Krayt dragon skeleton were almost all gone when he visited, while Dr. Reynolds found the whole thing nearly intact.

I have a copy of the Insider where Reynolds first went to Tunisia. E-mail me if you need it. And where do you get off bragging about this great vacation and making the rest of us jealous? ;-)

Hope this helps, good luck,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: