Yeah, I loved it too!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on July 31, 2000 at 13:19:37:

In Reply to: What Lies Beneath [Quick Review] posted by Canadiana Jones on July 31, 2000 at 01:39:15:

: -=SPOILER AHEAD! Stop reading now, if you don't want to know the details.=-

: My favorite thing about the film was seeing Harrison Ford playing a bad guy. I was just thinking a couple of days ago that Ford had never played one and it might be intresting to see. It was quite a surprise when he put that chemical covered gag over his wife's mouth though. I never saw it coming. I love any movie that surprises me.

(Once again, if you haven't seen the film and don't want the spoilers, you shouldn't have clicked here)
Yeah, that was a terrific film! Way way way better then Harrison's previous effort "Random Hearts" (which randomly sucked in every heart-filled way). And also, despite the tell-all nature of the trailers, I was totally surprised to see the sudden turn of events with Harrison Ford. The way the trailer presented it, they were making it out so that Michelle Pfeiffer would be the bad person possessed by the ghost and it was up to Harrison to save his life and rid Michelle of the ghost. Thank God it took a totally different direction and gave Harrison something TOTALLY different to do, and it paid off in spades. My Dad, right after the movie, was shocked, like anyone else over that plot twist and said if he was Harrison's agent, he'd forbid him to take the role. Well, I'm just glad my Dad isn't Harrison's agent.

Before "What Lies Beneath" came out, Harrison had 3 breakthrough roles:

Star Wars (1977) made him a star
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) made him a superstar and showed the audience that he could play more then just Han Solo
Witness (1985) showed he could pull off a dramatic role without all the adventure and had an Oscar nomination to show for it.

I think What Lies Beneath is a 4th breakthrough role for him, showing that he can pull off a role as a bad guy very well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]