The Ark

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr Bernard Leeman from adsl-63-198-129-103.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on August 02, 2000 at 01:58:47:

I've been in contact with Dr Munro-Hay (author of The Ark of the Covenant (1999)) and have just submitted a journal article to Boston University on the importance of the Ark in reassessing Biblical History. Most of this article is on the Sheba Cycle with the Kebra Nagast but covers Rabin's 1951 work on Ancient West Arabian and the word "Hebrews" which appears in inscriptions on the Ethiopian plateau. It also comes to terms with Noldeke's "monstrous abberation" - the origin of the Ge'ez word for the Ark. In brief, diggings in Palestine/Israel have revealed nothing to substantiate anything in the Old Testament before 586 BC. The explantion is that the Old Testament is a fantasy. A few of us offer another explanation - that the Old Testament is a correct account but its location was West Arabia as far south as the Yemen border. The Sheba Cycle supports this hypotehsis.

I'm in San Clemente but will be touring around. Anyone who wants a free public lecture/ small gathering on this subject, let me know.

Dr Bernard Leeman

Member of the Ethiopian Research Council
Former Deputy Head of Hsitory, Asmara University, Eritrea

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: