Funny you should ask....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from kccfpxy2.att.com on August 02, 2000 at 16:48:36:

In Reply to: Also thinking about taking the Peter Bros plunge... posted by JuggleEwok on August 02, 2000 at 16:00:59:

: Well, as soon as I have the money, I'll probably get one, but what I want to ask of those of you who've had yours for a while, how well does it stand up to inclement weather (especially heavy rain)? I get alot of that around here, living near Chicago, and I don't want a hat that'll drastically shrink or become warped or anything. What do you all think?

Two days ago I stopped at the CVS Pharmacy on the way home. When I came out it was a monsoon. My car wasn't that far away, so I pulled my hat tight and made a mad dash. I haven't treated my Peterbros at all. Like Steve says, they are as stiff as a hard hat. Anyway, the brim didn't curl at all and its now only a little less stiff, but thats about all.
Patterson, I beleive you are also a 7 5/8. I out sized the "Indy"
dimensions a bit and the hat looks perfect on me. Ask Joe if he saved my request. I sent him pictures and dimensions and he gave me exactly the hat I ordered. I also have the red liner, but he said red and black were all he offered. It's kinda growing on me though. White would be more authentic, though. But Joe is a friendly guy, easy to talk to on the phone. I beleive these are basicly cowboy hat raw stock that he makes into a fedora. He has a woman come in to sew the sweatband, liner and ribbon in.
Anyway, after gettin mah bulletproof Indy dowsed but good, ah kin only say it looks even better. You bet.
Salud!

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: