Re: The Peter Bros plunge...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust116.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 02, 2000 at 17:40:43:

In Reply to: Thinking about taking the Peter Bros plunge... posted by Patterson on August 02, 2000 at 13:21:18:

: I know there has been a lot posted, below, but could those buyers and anyone else with info, give me some guidance? What was the final cost - is it really going to be $175 + shipping? What should I communicate that you wished you had?

: Thanks!

: Patterson

Mine cost exactly $175 plus $10 shipping, and it arrived in a few days. I took it out and compared it to my Herbert Johnson, and I must say the Peters Bros. holds its own. The brim is very stiff but I like that; it holds its shape very well. The color is almost identical and so is the ribbon, which was not sewn on very well on my Herbert Johnson. The bash and pinch are great, though I'm not as picky (anal?) as some. I don't even care about the color of the lining.

The only remotely bad thing is that I should have asked for an oval shaped head instead of just sending in my measurement. There's a little gap on the sides at my temples.

For half the price and a third the wait, I'd say the Peters Bros. (or two) is a better way to go.

Cueball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]