The Bullwhip Book

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTA050-1149.splitrock.net on August 03, 2000 at 17:49:04:

In Reply to: Got my Noel Howard stuff! posted by Lavardac on August 03, 2000 at 02:34:05:

: Finally, a few words on whip cracking, which has become my favorite pastime since I discovered www.bullwhip.org. I now own five whips (16' nylon, 12' and 10' Mark Allen, 8' Matt Wellsby and a 6' whip made here in Poland) and the fun has just begun. What a joy it is to do some two handed work with the couple of Allens! BTW: there's a cool book on whip cracking out now, basically there's all you need to know to start cracking that whip. There are lots of pics showing the stages of different cracks. It's an excellent book for beginners and advanced whip crackers, the language is clear and accessible, and there's even a section on how to lock that lash on a tree branch to swing safely to the other side of the chasm (not that anyone would recommend putting such strain on a whip). The title is simply "The Bullwhip Book" by Andrew Conway. amazon.com is one of the ways to get it. Sorry for that promotion campaign, but the book is really cool!

: Lavardac

Thanks for the review and reminding everyone about Andrews new book.

If anyone would like more information about the Bullwhip book check out http://www.bullwhip.org/book/

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]