Interesting stuff guys, keep up the good work (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on August 04, 2000 at 12:52:10:

In Reply to: Jacket stuff... too much of it posted by DeWayne on August 04, 2000 at 07:25:06:

: It's been a while since I've written on the forum. Hello to my old friends, and to the newer people around here. (I'm in Irvine, CA on my cousin's computer in case the address gets red flagged.)

: I've had the pleasure of owning the Indy laserdiscs for quite a while. Raiders I have only in widescreen, ToD and LC I have in widescreen and Pan-N-Scan. For those who aren't familiar, laserdiscs have a much higher resolution than video. The resolution rivals that of DVD. I've spent a lot of time studying the jackets while watching my LD's. I can say the following with confidence.

: I've spent the last two days at Disneyland. The Adventure Outpost does have two styles of Indy jackets there right now. One of them has buttons on the cuffs and the back piece is split right down the middle. The more accurate one is the same style jacket that I got from there in 1996. It's pretty nice. There are pics of mine at Indygear on the "Other Jackets" page.

: The pockets on the jacket look just like the pockets of the ToD movie jacket, which look nothing like the pockets on the Raiders or LC movie jackets. The side straps are like those of the ToD movie jacket, although they are backwards (the rings come off the wrong end of the strap), But they are stiched over the back piece. By the pockets in the front they are stiched farther away from the handwarmer slits. However, the collar is assembled in the LC fashion (two pieces of leather, both seperate from the storm flap), which is nothing like the Raiders or LC movie jackets. The storm flap is also like the LC movie jacket. It is one solid piece, with buttons, and doesn't tie in with the collar, though it is almost an inch too wide!

: As far as the Raiders jacket goes, I'd have to stick with the Wested version. I know they've been under much scrutiny here lately. I think part of the reason for the confusion about the whole side strap thing is the fact that they are strapped around the rings in such a weird way, run through once, then folded and pulled throught the ring again. They are NOT simply run through the rings, then tucked into the handwarmer slit. I went through this whole thing once already and you can see it on the Indygear jacket facts. Overall, I think the Raiders Wested is very accurate (Though I do not think the ToD and LC Wested's are accurate). It is most like the jacket in the fertility idol opening. When Indy says "Give me the whip", you can even see that the inside collar facing IS fabric and not leather. After this scene though, the jackets change quite a bit during the rest of the movie.

: In my opinion, if you want a Raiders jacket, get a Wested. If you want a ToD jacket, get a Cooper. If you want a LC/crossbreed, get a Disney (the one without the buttons on the cuff).

: If anyone would like pics of my Disney jacket, or pics of the elaborate way I think the straps are folded in the films, just email me and I'll get back to you once I'm back home. Yes, I have way too much time on my hands...
: See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]