Re: Indy gear

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust30.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 05, 2000 at 22:02:34:

In Reply to: Re: Indy gear posted by Kent Allard on August 05, 2000 at 19:34:40:

Beware, it's an addictive (and expensive) hobby.

I have a Wested (Raiders version, new-finished lambskin) and I'm so happy with it I've ordered another (Last Crusade, distressed). I also have Herbert Johnson ($300) and Peters Bros ($175) fedoras, and I'm more impressed with the Peters Bros., especially for the money. As for authenticity, they're all CLOSE ENOUGH for me!! Because of wear-and-tear and the need to have several of each item around for stunts, stuntmen, stand-ins and whatnot, there's no way that all the jackets and hats are going to be identical and THE ONLY ONE of its kind. Sorry for the rant; hope this helps. Just make yourself happy.

Cueball

: : Hey,
: : I'm about to start my Indy gear collection and was directed here because all of you seem to know your stuff. Well my question is I'm about to start with the fedora and the jacket and was wondering where is the best place to get each? Money isn't really a problem with me I just am concerned about quality and authenticness for the money I pay. I've heard about a lot of places but am not sure as to which is the best place to get my Indy stuff. I definately want to get ones the closest I can to Indy's gear.

: : My purchases rest in your capable hands.

: : "Fortune and glory"
: : West

: Hmm, well as you can see there is quite a contorversy over the Jacket but for the hat I've heard www.petersbros.com is real good, but Herbert Johnson makes the original. Also check Indygear.com I have already completed my collection and bought all the supposed "officials" now I find that I may have gear that isn't accurate.... oh brother

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]