Re: what about the weight?nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from spider-tn014.proxy.aol.com on August 06, 2000 at 01:01:20:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Miller questions posted by Dakota Ellison on August 04, 2000 at 22:24:35:

: : I read on Indygear that it says on the sweat band "Custom crafted by Builtmore" My friend purchased a Builtmore, and the felt was very thin and the hat was very light in weight and it was floppy. It was fur. He got accedentaly caught in the rain. The brim warped. Now tell me, is the Indiana Miller the same as this other Builtmore?

: The Indy Miller is thin but I wouldn't call it floppy. After mine got rained on the brim did curl a bit. If you can still get some Scotsguard fabric protector, I would say the Miller would benefit from a treatment. There's also Bickmore.com, a company that makes hat care products. I saw this in one of Steve's posts but haven't checked prices myself. Most Herbert Johnson owners who purchased a Miller have been impressed with how similar they are, and thats a good recommendation for having one. There was a HJ on Ebay not long ago and I don't think anyone bought it, but it looked just like a Miller.
: I would say shape it how you like it then treat it and you'll be OK.
: Good Luck.
: Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: