Re: Another question on the debate of the authenticity of the Indiana Jones jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by indy@cybertours.com from kenn002b-p3-085.cybertours.com on August 06, 2000 at 08:39:58:

In Reply to: Another question on the debate of the authenticity of the Indiana Jones jacket posted by Ravenwood on August 04, 2000 at 21:08:17:

: There has been much talk as of late about who has the the most authentic patterns on the jacket. But, something that I have always wondered, is about the actuall color of the jacket. The Wested jacket currently sold color looks different to me than the jacket in the film. I know some say it's lighting, camera angles, etc. but I honestly feel that the color differs. My question is who's jacket is the most authentic in color. And is the Cooper jackets'vintage treatment give it a distressed look very close to the jacket worn in the movie. Any answers would be greatly appreiciated. Have a good weekend,
: Ravenwood

I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I used to just go by "greg" but since I think another person calls themself that, I will just go by my email for now. I have an original Wested, before they were called Wested-they were called "Leather Concessionaires". It is about 10 years old now and it is looking closer and closer to the original film jacket. The color of the lambskin in the Westeds is accurate. It just needs to develop a patina over age and wear. Now, I am certain the film folks achieved that patina through "aging it" themselves-sandpapering seams, dragging it over rocks, etc. all will work to give the look of the jackets in the movie, but if you want it to be authentic, age it over time (plus it will last).

indy@cybertours.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]