Re: New Allan Quatermain movies? YUCK!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust26.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 06, 2000 at 09:12:31:

In Reply to: New Allan Quatermain movies? posted by Rik Duel on August 06, 2000 at 06:28:41:

Those Allan Quatermain movies in the 80s SUCKED IN A BIG WAY. I wouldn't mind Indiana Jones rip-offs (in fact I would welcome outright clones--anything in the action/adventure arena)if they had any production values at all and good, or even passable, acting. But those things were horrific messes that gave adventure movies a bad name. And I really tried to like them. If someone is going to go to the trouble of making a movie, it would seem to be just as much work to make a crappy movie as it does to make a decent one.

Anyway, thanks for the information and I'm sorry for the rant. To each their own.

: Hey guys, I just read a report at Harry Knowles' AICN about there being plans in the works for some new cinematic renditions of H Rider Haggard's Allan Quatermain stories.

: You might remember the AQ films from the eighties which featured Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone, and were an undeniable rip-off of the Indy films.

: This time around, sounds like someone's genuinely interested in the source material, which predates Indy quite a bit, and I think this is a good thing. Looks like they're throwing Harry Ford's name around for the title role, but I kind of doubt Ford would be interested in another adventure franchise so similar to Indy.

: I just thought you guys might be interested.

: Rik.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]