The TRUE FACTS from an imposter!-check out his location, I don't think Peter posts from aol. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-7.col.cableone.net on August 06, 2000 at 09:58:30:

In Reply to: Raiders Jacket - The True Facts. posted by Peter Botwright on August 06, 2000 at 08:45:22:

: 1.Patterson research states that Coopers were in this from the begining and then says they aquired the licence FOLLOWING the popularity of the raiders film. That is not the begining. The begining was when the jackets were made for the film, before it was made and released and before its success. Coopers came in as the merchandizing Company after the event and had nothing to do with film production.
: 2.I have always stated that I have the patterns and made the original Raiders jacket I also persoanlly fitted the Jacket on Mr Harrison Ford at the costumiers Bermans & Nathan. Copies of my jacket never started appearing until 12 months later.
: 3.I apreciate the dedication of the Indy enthusiasts and the need to get it right and to that you need an explanation.
: 4.As a costume supplier to the film and TV industry I had not been involved in selling direct. When about 5 years ago I was approached by enthusiasts to remake the original jacket I had no idea of its impact.
: 5.The fact is and that we remade the jacket based on the original patterns and specification from some 10 years or more before and of course there were bound to be some slight detail differeces, even though I had the same staff making it.
: 6.It also appears that if I dont immediatly reply to someones email I am criticised as not wanting to know. Not true.
: If I have some detail incorrect please inform me and if correct I will make the neccessray amendments.
: I remain true to the cause
: Cheers
: Peter Botwright

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: