"The Return of....."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 07, 2000 at 13:43:10:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders posted by Meg on August 07, 2000 at 00:16:28:

: : : That's a little odd. Indy looks cool and relaxed, considering that whenever he had to use his bullwhip, the situation was anything but cool and relaxed. Maybe it was a prototype poster; why else would Indy be out of his trademark jacket? And it might explain that creepy looking font...
: : : -graml

: : It looks like a pose from the "making of raiders". In the scene I'm thinking of, he was practicing the marketplace fight scene with Glenn Randall, and wearing his glasses.

: : Maybe this is a foreign poster? I've seen some really weird foreign Star Wars posters before.

: : John D

:
: If it was foreign, then why would it say "The Return of the Great Adventure"? I'm not saying that it's not foreign, but maybe it was some type of re-release poster. Maybe it's some type of foreign re-release poster. Just a thought.

: Meg

Any poster that had the title "The Return..." was printed and published in 1982, as Raiders was re-released the following year from it's initial release of 1981. These posters, along with the US version of Indy facing you, swinging his whip with a smile on his face (my least favorite) was from that year. They took a lot of liberties that year with the characterisation of Indy, and it was reflected in these posters. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]