Possible storylines for Indy 4?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP183.dialsprint.net on August 08, 2000 at 21:25:15:

Okay, people! We have been sorely lacking in the unsubstantiated rumor department as of late, so I am here to throw my hat (a nifty slate blue porkpie, by the way) into the proverbial ring. Here are some of the most likely Indy 4 storylines, based on my pain-staking research that lasted the better part of a bottle of Flannagan's Irish stout:
1. Indy and his brash young upstart of a partner set out to find a treasure. At first, Indy's naturally conservative style and the youngster's new-age freakiness don't mesh, but as time goes on, they learn to respect eachothers' differences and forge a strong mentor-student bond.
2. Indy falls in love with a woman from a different social standing as his, and despite adversity, they are able to have a relationship for the first 3/4 of the movie. Then the woman dies, preferably of cancer, in a tear-jerking finale.
3. A giant asteroid is heading towards Earth and only Indy can save us!
4. Indy founds a school for archaeology students with telekinetic powers. These good "mutants" use their powers to preserve mankind's past. Don't ask me how I thought up this plot-line...
5. Indy, trapped in a loveless marriage, falls in love with his daughter's teenage friend. He then finds the Lost Mines of Solomon or possibly commits suicide. I'm not sure which. I smell an Oscar!
So there you go. A bunch of original ideas that old man Lucas is free to use. As long as he gives me screen credit. I oughta be in the screenwriting business, no?
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]