HJ/Richard Swayles

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-we061.proxy.aol.com on August 09, 2000 at 07:44:27:

Just for your information fellow Indy fans,
I called Mr. Swayles, a very nice and friendly man, and found out the hat is made completely of rabbit fur (beaver is an endangered species in England) and the lining is glued on. The band is made of leather and in Mr. Swayles experience this is a tough hat and will not be prone to shrinking or stretching while wear (unless you dry it using heat, just let it sit and dry itself.) Swayles said that rabbit fur is the best because it's stiff and tough as opposed to beaver which tends to be soft (and doesn't hold shape too well). He seemed very nice and friendly, he also mentioned Indygear and this site when I asked why HJ doesn't have a site. He also seemed to get some joy out of the many Indy fans and even notes: "I should have put out a letter head or something regarding this hat." Maybe one of the Indy muses here should offer to build a site for Mr Swayles and HJ for the glorious Indy hat.
For now I'm heading off to get measured for my hat, want to get this professionally done. Thank you all for your help and thank you staff at Indygear for your help and info. Your dedication to Indy has help me and others tremediously.

"Fly, yes....Land, no!"
West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: