Thanks for staying!!! It the best news I've had all day! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richiana from dyn108-ras11.screaming.net on August 09, 2000 at 09:26:01:

In Reply to: For all - yes, even you "nobody"! posted by Patterson on August 08, 2000 at 20:04:18:

: I’m really not very good at this…

: This morning I decided I would stay away from the forum. I received a few emails asking me to continue with this hobby. Their arguments were well-put and very kind spirited. Then I get a one-liner from Michaelson that just says “Check the forum”. So I fire-up the browser and see all the posts. Even "nobody" posted something! What a nice way to start the day.

: I apologize for letting a few jerks get my goat. I discussed this with my wife last night. While part of her was probably happy at the prospect of me playing golf with her dad rather then making fedoras - imagine she actually thinks that's eccentric! - she also knows how much I enjoy the Indy-stuff. She very aptly pointed out that, while it is not out of character for me to make a decision quickly (or did she say rashly?), it would be out of character for me to cut and run. She does know which buttons to push, and I think she’s in cahoots with Michaelson!

: Thanks to all who have expressed the very kind sentiments in the afore mentioned posts. Thanks also to all who have provided both positive and negative feedback in constructive ways. You are all a credit to this forum and “all things Indy”. I do enjoy this hobby, and it’s nice to know whatever small contribution I can make allows others to enjoy it even more. That has always been the goal – to smooth out the bumps for others and provide concise and consistent information, building on a foundation of knowledge and grow it from there! The very nature of this hobby makes that a challenge, and really does add to the fun.

: It is a privilege and honor to be associated with such a fine “family” of people. Now, back to the regular business, OK?

: Cheers,

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: