Beware of daamuck

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndyFan from spider-tl012.proxy.aol.com on August 10, 2000 at 11:21:07:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

Hello all,

Here is a warning. I have turn my intrest from Indy gear to The Indy Toys that one can find on EBay. My collection is pretty extent, including the McCoy Indy doll and horse. Even at my age I have the urge to pull Indy out of his mint box, but as a collector I know better. So I placed my efforts toward finding one on EBay that was either complet and out of its box or one that was in a box that was not worth keeping, but all where mint and to expensive.
Then a few days later I got an E-mail from a man calling himself Donald Munk.His E-mail address was DaaMuck. Well, he said he had one in its box but not mint. So with out asking for a photo of it I jumped the gun and send him a check.
Yes, you guessed it, the doll in the box was not Indy. Bastard!
So as a fellow honest fan of Indy I'm writing you this E-mail so others won't make the same stupid mistake as I did. This was a low blow for me and I am afriad that this guy might try the same trick on another fan.
So fellow fans beware, Elsa is out there disguising herself as DaaMuck. For a little advice ask to see a picture and credentials, if they don't have any it's probably a scam and when in doubt use EBay. It might cost you a little more but not as much as it cost me.

IndyFan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]